South Inch & Marshall Place, Perth, 1903

South Inch, Perth, with St Leonard's in the Fields church in the background, 1903

The architect of St Leonards in the Fields Church, with its crown spire was J J Stevenson of Bayswater, London. It was built in 1885. Its architectural style is late Scots Gothic Revival and of exceptional merit. Numbers 1 - 28 in Marshall Place were designed by the architect Robert Reid and built from 1801, they were still under construction in the 1820's. The attic window 'lunettes' are distinctive. The street was named after the Perth provost Thomas Hay Marshall.

  • Material/Medium: gelatin dry plate negative
  • Date: c.1903
  • Creator: Wood & Son Printers, Perth, purchased from Thomas Spence, Craigie Rd
  • Accession number: W0049
  • Category: Photography
  • Subject: South Inch,Perth,Perthshire,Scotland,public park,Marshall Place,St Leonards in the Field Church