A distant and general view of the village of Dunning, Perthshire.
Dunning lies on the north side of the Ochil Hills. No fewer than six roads met here; from Path of Condie, Muckhart, Auchterarder, the Glasgow-Perth road, Perth via Forteviot Station and Bridge of Earn. Dunning is an old established settlement but there are no buildings of great age because it was burned by the Earl of Mar after the Jacobite defeat at Sherrifmuir in 1715 when all but one house was destroyed. The tower to the right is that of St Serf's Church, the parish church. This survived the burning and dates to 1200-1219.
- Material/Medium: wet collodion plate negative
- Date: c.1860-1897
- Creator: Magnus Jackson Photographer. Later acquired by John K. Taylor and sold to Wood and Son Printers, Perth for postcard use.
- Accession number: W0140
- Category: Photography
- Subject: Dunning,Perthshire,Scotland,village,church