The bandstand on the North Inch, Perth

The view shows two boys standing by the bandstand on the North Inch at Perth.

The bandstand was built in 1891, paid for and presented to the city by James. F. Pullar of Perth. The Town Council arranged a formal opening on 25 July 1891 and an article on the first afternoon's entertainment appeared in the Perthshire Courier a few days later. From then on the bandstand was regularly used by local and visiting bands who played for the entertainment of the public during the summer months. In 1959 the town's Burgh Surveyor reported that the bandstand was unsafe and recommended that it be demolished. It was pulled down by the Parks Department during the winter of 1959.

  • Material/Medium: wet collodion plate negative
  • Date: c.1860-1897
  • Creator: Magnus Jackson Photographer. Later acquired by John K. Taylor and sold to Wood and Son Printers, Perth for postcard use.
  • Accession number: W0151
  • Category: Photography
  • Subject: North Inch,Perth,Perthshire,Scotland,bandstand,children