The Square, Aberfeldy

View of the Square, Aberfeldy, with people. Aberfeldy grew because of its position at a crossing point on the River Tay. In 1887 it became a police burgh. The Square, which was laid out in 1806, is at the heart of the town.

The large shop opposite is the business of John Campbell, Milliner and Dressmaker, to the right, the business of D Cameron & Son, followed by J Fernie, Saddler who also sold fishing and shooting gear, then Henderson fishmonger, game supplier and poulterer. The large light coloured building on the right is the Breadalbane Arms Hotel.

  • Material/Medium: n/a
  • Date: c.1903
  • Creator: Wood & Son Printers, Perth, purchased from Wylie, Keir Street
  • Accession number: W0210
  • Category: Photography
  • Subject: The Sqaure,Aberfeldy,Perthshire,Scotland,John Campbell Milliner and Dressmaker,D. Cameron & Son,J. Fernie Saddler,Henderson fishmonger,Breadalbane Arms,people,dogs