School Road, Guildtown, Perthshire

View of a road in the village of Guildtown, Perthshire, showing the school on the left hand side.

 

The village takes its name from the Guildry Incorporation of Perth (the Guildry administers the revenues of farms and feus in Guildtown and elsewhere). Guildtown was founded in 1818 and lies on the Perth - Blairgowrie road about 6 miles from Perth. Guildtown School was opened in 1879. In the 1960's there were 78 children at the school being taught by 3 teachers. Today there are 43 children and 2 teachers. The Guildry Incorporation still maintain an active interest in the school making an annual visit and helping to support it financially.

  • Material/Medium: n/a
  • Date: c.1904
  • Creator: Wood & Son Printers, Perth, purchased from Wylie, Keir Street
  • Accession number: W0253
  • Category: Photography
  • Subject: School Road,Guildtown,Perthshire,Scotland