Glencarse from the north
View of Glencarse village, Perthshire, from he north, showing businesses and people on the left and a fully laden horse and cart in the centre of the picture. The road is the old Perth - Dundee turnpike and along which the villages was laid out.
Glencarse village was laid out in a straight line with single storey cottages to the south and one and a half storey cottages to the north. It also had two hotels. By the 1930s the village was still part of the Glencarse estate and had the Glencarse Hotel, a post office, a shop, a Police Station, a smithy and a joiners shop as well as its own railway station. Glencarse Hotel is on the left.
- Material/Medium: n/a
- Date: c.1904
- Creator: Wood & Son Printers, Perth, purchased from Wylie, Keir Street
- Accession number: W0263
- Category: Photography
- Subject: Glencarse,Perthshire,Scotland,village,horse and cart,people,shops