Glencarse from the South
View of Glencarse village from the south showing the old Perth - Dundee turnpike road along which this estate village was laid out. The photograph shows houses and some of the villages inhabitants.
Glencarse village was laid out in a single storey cottages to the south and one and a half storey cottages to the north. It also had two hotels. By the 1930s the village was still part of the Glencarse estate and had the Glencarse Hotel, a post office, a shop, a Police Station, a smithy and a joiners shop as well as its own railway station.
- Material/Medium: n/a
- Date: c.1904
- Creator: Wood & Son Printers, Perth, purchased from Wylie, Keir Street
- Accession number: W0264
- Category: Photography
- Subject: Glencarse,Perthshire,Scotland,village,houses,people