Gilmerton looking West

A view of the village of Gilmerton, 2 miles north east of Crieff, about 1904. The main road is the road between Perth and Crieff. The branch to the right in the distance leads to the Sma' Glen.

Gilmerton developed during the 19th century at the junction of the Crieff-Perth toll road and General Wade's road through the Sma' Glen to Aberfeldy. Gilmerton church, the former Free Church, was built in 1869 from local red sandstone. The feu duty payable on the land used to build the church was a single white rose.

  • Material/Medium: n/a
  • Date: c.1904
  • Creator: Wood & Son Printers, Perth, purchased from Wylie, Keir Street
  • Accession number: W0374
  • Category: Photography
  • Subject: Gilmerton,Perthshire,Scotland,village,people,horse and cart